Monday, December 22, 2008

MY REVIEW- Bolt the Superdog Movie



So, today being the cold cold day it was, I decided to take a chance and go see a movie...what movie did I want to see Bolt: The Superdog. The commercials looked funny enough for me to appreciate and Ellie liked watching them too, so I was hoping she would appreciate the full length movie.

We liked it!!! The movie was funny (go Rhino the Hamster) and entertaining for both Ellie and me...Eve even liked watching the screen even though she had no clue what was going on. The dialogue was witty and the animation was awesome. It is amazing the stuff that Pixar can come up with. The true test: could Ellie sit through it without getting out of her seat, running all over and disrupting the other movie goers? YES! Ellie sat in her seat, enthralled, for 2 hours with only one seat change when she was getting fidgety with about 10 minutes left. I am still impressed.

The only thing that I really didn't like about the movie was the fact that it is in 3D. Maybe it is just me, or the fact that I have a child who won't wear the 3D glasses, but I really just don't think 3D is all that important...maybe if was some adult super action movie?

Overall I think this is a great kids movie! It even keeps the adults entertained, unlike some kids' movies where I aways wish the projector would fail. It is a great family movie and while not heavy on the storyline or plot it is rich in entertainment.

THE ELLIE AND EVE SEAL OF APPROVAL

No comments:

Post a Comment