Saturday, December 20, 2008

MY REVIEW: Joovy Sit n' Stand


So, I recently had the opportunity to try out the Joovy Sit n' Stand stroller. I have to admit I really liked the idea that it was based on...a lightwight stroller with a full sized seat for the youngest and a standing and sitting platform for the oldest (and best of all it has a strap in harness for the older child's seat). I thought that something like this would be great for Ellie who loves to walk and run around and then come over to me and say "I hold you..." I liked this stroller since it was lightweight, pretty easy to push, nice looking and fit into my car (I only had one issue and that was with folding it up...it took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to collapse the stroller). While I might have like the stroller Ellie and Eve had some issues:

* the sitting platform behind the main seat is a little cramped in general, but when the front seat is in a semi-reclined position the child has to hunch over in order to fit.
* the standing platform was nice, but the child literally has to stand still in order to fit.
* the front seat doesn't recline all that much so the younger child has to fit in a relatively upright position, which Eve didn't like after a certain amount of time.

Overall I would say that this stroller is good for parents with a older infant or toddler (as the youngest child) and with a older child who would really only use the standing platform as opposed to the seat. It is a nice stroller, but it is pretty expensive unless you can find it used from craigslist or ebay.

4 comments:

  1. I just have to say, I just got this stroller a couple weeks ago, and we absolutely love it! My kids are 26 months and 10 months old and they both seem to like it. I do agree it gets a bit cramped on the back though. My daughter actually even fell asleep sitting on the back seat! I also love that the sunshade is so large, it covers both kids. It's by far the best double stroller I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I am glad you like it, it sounds like your "baby" is a little older than mine is right now. Maybe I will pull it out and give it a test run again in the spring and see how it goes. Do you have the regular or the ultralight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the ultralight one. My daughter calls it the "awsome stroller" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Now I am looking forward to trying it out again in the spring since my kiddos will be about as old as yours!

    ReplyDelete